Employment Type: Full Time / Part Time
The Cashier is usually the first contact with the customer and it is very important that the Cashier be friendly, courteous and helpful, making the customer feel welcome.
The Cashier is not only responsible for being accurate and efficient in handling sales transactions, but must make sure the customer is directed to the proper area and be attended by a salesperson. Cashiers are held accountable for ensuring proper control of all cash, credit, debit and gift card transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Cashier is responsible for but not limited to the following:
· Consistently demonstrates a friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude
· Welcomes customers with a smile and greeting
· Answers phone calls cheerfully and professionally, does not leave the customer on hold for a long time but ensures that immediate help is given.
Skills and Duties:
· Thorough and accurate knowledge of our Ascend Point of Sale System
· Ensures adherence to proper Point of Sale procedures (Ascend) at all times - for Returns, Exchanges, Warranty and Discounting
· Brings errors made in the Point of Sale system and inaccuracies in inventory or prices to the Manager so they can be corrected on a daily basis
· Ensures Special Orders are rung up properly and all procedures carried through properly. Keep a log of Special Orders so that the process runs smoothly and all orders are made. Be aware and be in charge of Special Orders
· Be knowledgeable of all Sales and Finance Promotions current and inform the customers of said promotions.
· Invite customers to any Company events or clinics and give them a reminder card which we will have at the Cashier Station
· Accuracy in all cash handling procedures at all times
Adherence to Company Standards
· Wear proper attire
· Neat appearance
· Knows our Company policies and follows them with particular emphasis on following procedures for loss prevention.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proper phone and work etiquette.
· Accuracy in handling transactions and attention to detail
· Be organized and can follow through on tasks given
· Cashier experience and cycling/sport interest is a plus
Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates, including Fridays-Sundays.