The construction of this jacket is similar to that of an insulated alpine shell, with an insulation layer sandwiched between woven inner and outer layers. Unlike most mountain jackets, though, the woven shell isn't completely windproof, instead, we've left a small amount of permeability. The small amount of air that gets into the jacket picks up the moisture and evaporates it more efficiently than any membrane fabric available. The middle layer is a puffy insulation layer that we make in polypropylene partly because it's insanely light (specific gravity 0.6g) but also because it won't pick up moisture from either sweat or rain. These limited-stretch fabrics require a new cut, so this piece fits slightly looser than your race jacket. If your winter goals are new Strava PRs rather than winning races in the spring and summer, you're better served by the Alpha Light Jacket or a Perfetto. But if your goals involve a real rather than virtual finish line, this jacket will make your winter riding better.
- 3-layer insulated construction with engineered air permeability gives our best combination of warmth, breathability, and light weight
- Japanese-made air-permeable woven-textured nylon outer shell with a water-repellent finish
- Polypropylene synthetic down insulation layer provides warmth while allowing full breathability without any water absorption
- Plissé stretch panels on sides, elbows, and wrists allow for close-to-body fit yet with full freedom of movement
- 3 rear pockets with reflective gusset at bottom
- Inner waist closure allows you to block out drafts (closed) or allow extra breathability (open)